Jaime A. Treviño
As founder and managing partner of JATA, Mr. Treviño has lead the firm to be recognized as one of the most trusted corporate practice in Mexico.
- He has substantial experience in most areas of corporate law, and especially in financings, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, security structures, and general transactional law.
- Has participated in complex and multi-party M&A equity and asset transactions in Mexico, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
- Has participated in a number of due diligence procedures within Mexico and abroad, related with acquisition negotiations, financings, and also for legal and internal compliance purposes.
- Worked on multi-million and billion financial, restructuring, title-retention and securities transactions as counsel for private entities and banking institutions, in Mexico and abroad.
- Has advised on a number of anti-trust matters and concentration filings in Mexico, and also worked on the legal teams preparing anti-trust filings outside Mexico.
- He has experience in the negotiation and drafting of shareholders’ and members’ agreements, in addition to designing and structuring minority protection provisions, dead-lock breakup structures, and change of control agreements and transactions in Mexico and abroad.
- Advised a number of foreign companies in the legal structuring, formation, regulatory and general business start-up in Mexico.
- Experienced in the structuring, negotiation and drafting of construction contracts, construction finance and project finance in Mexico.
- Experienced on Mexican trusts, including their specific uses for multiple purposes: financing, security, management, real estate and other business purposes.
- Before founding J.A. Treviño Abogados in 1997, he was International Corporate Counsel for Cemex S.A.B. de C.V. (http://www.cemex.com) based on Monterrey, Mexico (1991-1997).
- Foreign Associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom’s (http://www.skadden.com) New York Office (1993-1994).
- Certified as Foreign Legal Consultant by the Bar of Texas (February 2016).
Add to Outlook (vCard)
J.A. Treviño Abogados
Ave. Gomez Morin No. 955
San Pedro Garza Garcia, N.L.
T: +52 (81) 8335-4200
F: +52 (81) 8335-4204
U.S. REPRESENTATION OFFICE
J.A. Treviño Abogados
1700 Post Oak Blvd.
2 BLVD Place.
Houston, Texas 77056
T: (713) 963-3677
Law Degree, Cum Laude
Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
Diploma on Foreign Trade Law
Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 1992.
Corporate Finance Program
University of Texas at Austin, 1993.